Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thank You

I am both honoured and humbled that the people of Midland have elected me as Mayor for another four years. This was a challenging election. It presented citizens with a clear choice for their future and they chose to keep to the path that we started over four years ago. While I welcome my own victory, I am most pleased with the balance of veterans and new energetic individuals who will be making up the new Council. The next four years augur well for Midland.

While some assume that the Mayor did all of the work, this victory would not have been possible without an amazing group of volunteers, supporters, and citizens. I want to thank my wife, whose steadfast support and hard work was my foundation. I want to thank my hardworking election team, led by Burke Penny, who organized and motivated one of the best campaign teams I have ever had the privilege of knowing. My thanks to all the candidates, both successful and unsuccessful, who offered their services to the people of Midland. I want to recognize the Councillors who will not be returning in December for their four years of civic duty on behalf of the people. And finally, my thanks to the people of Midland for putting their trust in me and clearly stating where they see Midland heading in the coming years.

No comments: